The Qualities Of Successful Leadership - Jim Rohn
If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself. Leadership is the ability to attract someone to the gifts, skills and opportunities you offer as an owner, as a manager, as a parent. Jim Rohn calls leadership the great challenge of life.
What’s important in leadership is refining your skills. All great leaders keep working on themselves until they become effective. Here’s how:
1. Learn to be strong but not impolite. It is an extra step you must take to become a powerful, capable leader with a wide range of reach. Some people mistake rudeness for strength. It's not even a good substitute.
2. Learn to be kind but not weak. We must not mistake weakness for kindness. Kindness isn't weak. Kindness is a certain type of strength. We must be kind enough to tell someone the truth. We must be kind enough and considerate enough to lay it on the line. We must be kind enough to tell it like it is and not deal in delusion.
3. Learn to be bold but not a bully. It takes boldness to win the day. To build your influence, you've got to walk in front of your group. You've got to be willing to take the first arrow, tackle the first problem, discover the first sign of trouble. Like the farmer, if you want any rewards at harvest time, you have got to be bold and face the weeds and the rain and the bugs straight on. You've got to seize the moment.
4. Learn to be humble but not timid. You can't get to the high life by being timid. Some people mistake timidity for humility. But humility is a virtue; timidity is a disease. It's an affliction. It can be cured, but it is a problem. Humility is almost a God-like word—a sense of awe, a sense of wonder, an awareness of the human soul and spirit, an understanding that there is something unique about the human drama versus the rest of life. Humility is a grasp of the distance between us and the stars, yet having the feeling that we're part of the stars.
5. Learn to be proud but not arrogant. It takes pride to build your ambitions. It takes pride in your community. It takes pride in a cause, in accomplishment. But the key to becoming a good leader is to be proud without being arrogant. Do you know the worst kind of arrogance? Arrogance from ignorance. It's intolerable. If someone is smart and arrogant, we can tolerate that. But if someone is ignorant and arrogant, that's just too much to take.
6. Learn to develop humor without folly. In leadership, we learn that it's OK to be witty but not silly; fun but not foolish.
7. Learn to deal in realities. Deal in truth. Save yourself the agony of delusion. Just accept life as it is—the whole drama of life. It's fascinating.
Life is unique. Leadership is unique. The skills that work well for one leader may not work at all for another. However, the fundamental skills of leadership can be adopted to work well for just about everyone: at work, in the community and at home.
- See more at: http://www.success.com/article/rohn-7-personality-traits-of-a-great-leader#sthash.fzYqOOT7.dpuf
This site was designed to be your personal Power Charger. It contains motivation tips and power ups and is meant to be a "Pick Me Up" for anyone who may be in a slump, experiencing writer's block, a bit overwhelmed or just suffering a case of the "lazies". It was created to serve as an oasis of inspiration and motivation for anyone that needs a power-up. Imagine a little video game character who must carefully navigate the perils of their little cyber world with extreme caution. When your "Power Level" is low, the only way to keep in the game is to find a power source and get your character refreshed to continue their journey. At times, we too may feel unmotivated, uninspired or maybe in a state of doubt or worry. That feeling is totally human, however remaining there too long can be debilitating and dangerous to your objective. I used to search for anything I could to pump me up and get me out of my funk and decided to start posting it all here in one place. I hope it makes it easier for you to have a "Power Source" that you can come to for a "Power Up" so you can get on with reaching your maximum potential. I hope this site will help you realize that you have ALL you need to succeed and begin living the life you deserve. I will also post many of the tips and tricks I have learned along the way to help me get the most out of my efforts and I hope it will help you do the same. Subscribe to this blog and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thenewworldhustle anytime you need a "Power Up."